Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Etude: Write with no "E"

Writing Etude: Take a paragraph and re-write it using words that don’t have the letter “e” (proper nouns don’t count).

Original:
From where I sit, I see the buildings beginning to shrink. I feel as though I could pick up a whole handful and fit them on my lap. The trees, skyscrapers, various waterways, and yellow taxis. I turn away from the window and stare at the mini-LCD screen in front of me. Time to Destination: 2.30. Putting my earphones on to see what the plane has to offer, I hear Lady GaGa’s “Poker Face.” Satisfied, I close my eyes as I see myself flying over the clouds. Goodbye chaos. Goodbye shimmering Bosphorus. Hello order. I’m coming back, Berlin…


Changed:
At this location, buildings shrink. I think I could pick up a big handful and fit it all on my lap. All plants, tall buildings, various canals, and bright taxis. I turn away and look at a mini LCD display in front. Hours to Finish: 2.30. Putting on music as I didn’t know what was on, Lady Gaga’s “Poker Face” blasts my round and oval windows. Happy, I shut off my visual world with my body flying up past clouds. Ciao chaos. Ciao Bosphorus. Bonjour organization. I’m coming back, Berlin…

No comments:

Post a Comment