Thursday, May 14, 2009

Performance: Elegy and Fugue

Another "wall" in my life is a cultural one. Having been raised as a Japanese American, modesty is a favorably looked-upon trait. Yet, in America, modesty will do nothing in helping to make connections or get a job advancement--in short, the trait is ignored.

In posting these videos, I shy away from my usual Japanese American self. I am not trying to get a "job advancement" or anything of the sort; these are neither the best nor the worst performances I have done of the pieces. I do feel, however, that to get to know my music is to get to know me a little better--however flawed both are. So if you have a few minutes, enjoy!

From my Junior Recital (January 11, 2009):




2 comments:

  1. Ahhh!!! so pretty. I especially love the bach. I think I've gained more admiration for bach only after hearing more bach on guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel, what a treat.
    Inspired and beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete