Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Miniature: Research Progress

Research Progress: Still looking for a research question

Some stuff done (thanks to Manuela for giving some hints on what to look for):
-Started to peruse stuff on Herbert von Karajan, a former conductor for the Berlin Philharmonic and also former Nazi member
-Beginning to read stuff on popular music of East vs. West Germany. Each side actually had its own distinct genre—so maybe research will be easier?

I still think that doing something related to classical music would be nice, but I’m getting less picky.

Another direction I am thinking about is maybe looking at the role busking plays in different parts of the city. In order to do this, however, I need to know how much busking there is in Berlin. I e-mailed Manuela asking her about this.

…it’s been a busy few weeks (and will continue to be so until the beginning of next week) so I've had less time than I would like to think about this research...

No comments:

Post a Comment