Friday, April 3, 2009

Theme and Icebreaker Variation

Theme:
Berlin Borders: Identity Formation After the Wall

Variation I: "The Icebreaker"

One "wall" I encountered in my life

Nerd.
I don't wear glasses. I'm not obese. I don't play World of Warcraft. Yet, I consider myself to be one. Through elementary and middle school, I played "Magic Cards" and was really into video games. My close friends also shared this interest and we were (and still are) quite nerdy. I guess that's why I'm a neuro major...but I digress...

At the same time, I also like to play sports--especially soccer. I played on a traveling team through both middle and high schools and also played on the high school varsity team for a couple of years.

This brings me to a "wall" in my life: despite the stark differences in interests, personalities, and mannerisms between my group of friends and that of the school jocks, I had to learn to get along with both cliques. I would like to think that I succeeded in the task, but I guess that's up to others to judge and decide. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment